Monday 19 May 2014

The King of Naples

Hoi,

For quite some time a model in white metal of Murat has been lying in my "unpainted lead pile". It was when browsing through Hourtoulle's brilliant Napoleonic Uniforms book that I came upon a very nice plate of Murat charging with the cavalry at Eylau.


Even though his uniform is different then the one the figure is wearing, I chose to try and depict this scene and went on the look for two ADC figures to match.
I found these in the form of the ADC figure from the Zvezda French HQ set and a regular chasseur of the Garde from the Revell set.

So without further ado here are some pictures:


Cheers Sander

Listening to: "The Hobbit" an Audiobook read by Ian Holmes

5 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

Great work Sander on a great base.

Unknown said...

These look great and I like your basing. That wagon wheel is a nice touch.

I'd like to try out that Audiobook. It would be perfect to listen to whilst painting.

Unknown said...

These look great and I like your basing. That wagon wheel is a nice touch.

I'd like to try out that Audiobook. It would be perfect to listen to whilst painting.

Anonymous said...

I'm very glad to see your blog but the picture of Jack Girbal decribe Marshal Murat at the battle of HEILSBERG (11th june 1807)and not Eylau (8 february 1807 where it snow

Phil said...

What a beautiful vignette, love it!!